Banks of the Sacramento
1. As I was rollin' down the strand
I met two fairies hand in hand
Hoo-dah, hoo-dah, day!
Blow, boys blow!
There's plenty of gold, so I've been told
On the banks of the Sacramento.
2. I chose the one with the curly locks,
She let me chase her o'er the rocks
3. I chased her high, I chased her low
I fell down and broke me toe.
4. Off to the doctor I did go
And I showed him my big toe.
5. In came the doctor with a bloomin' big lance
"Now, young sailor, I'll make you dance!"
6. In came the nurse with a mustard poultice
Banged it on, but I took no notice.
7. Now I'm well and free from pain
I'll never court flash gals again.